Thursday, April 11, 2013

Book Review: Trials of Truth {The BloodTruth Series} by Cege Smith

Title: Trials of Truth
Author: Cege Smith
Series: The Bloodtruth Series# 3

Publisher/Date of Publication: Cege Smith Books/ Mar. 31, 2013
Source: received from author for my honest opinion of it.

Links to Buy: Amazon | Barnes & Noble | Smashwords


Book Synopsis:


No one is safe in Altera as the lines between good and evil blur even further in this third installment of the Bloodtruth series…
Queen Angeline Robart left her kingdom in the hands of her betrayer to embark on a mission to find her cure. But each passing hour that the wraith remains part of her seems to make it even more difficult to banish. The mysterious and elusive Clan seems to have the answers, but Angeline can’t help but question their motives, and the price she will be required to pay for her freedom.
Connor is forced to make a decision between his fate and his love for Angeline. While his hope has always been that those two things would coincide, it seems that their ability to be together isn’t meant to be, at least if the Clan has anything to say about it.
Meanwhile, back in the capital city of Brebackerin, Malin finds that the enemies who have been lying in wait want revenge for Connor’s betrayal. He must find a way to hold them off, and keep the kingdom in one piece, until Angeline’s return.
The Bloodtruth series:Heiress of Lies (Bloodtruth #1)The Queen's Betrayal (Bloodtruth #2)Trials of Truth (Bloodtruth #3)

My Thoughts:
I have been a huge fan of this series ever since I found it!  Cege Smith is a very creative author that creates worlds that are very similar to ours with emotions that we can all relate to: fear,  betrayal, grief, and most importantly love.  
Trials of Truth basically picks up pretty much right where The Queen's Betrayal leaves off.  Connor and Angeline are finding themselves ensnared in a trap the Clan has been planning for a long time.  
The characters in this novel work good together.  Connor and Angeline are very smart and do not have the "insta-love" element to them that most young adult protagonists do.  They do, however, have the tragic love written all over them.  And it is interesting to see how they deal with the problems that arise from their love for each other.  

It seems like everyone in the story so far, has to choose how far they are willing to go to save people and in the process, maybe lose themselves too.  

I did find that the story seemed to go a little slow, especially where the Queen's Court drama pertained to.  And I am not a huge fan of Malin but I do think he will redeem himself in the end.  At least I hope he does.  

This book leaves off on a huge cliffhanger which had me a little shell shocked.  I was like, " What? Oh come on, just give me a little bit more!!"    I am not a huge fan of cliff hangers because I hate to wait but this one was pretty good at the abruptness of it.  But it served its purpose because now I am so intensely waiting for the next book!  

All in all, I am really digging this series as it takes us farther and farther into the lies, deceit, politics, and even the truth of the real histories of the Robart family.  I think in this story the truth may be the darkest part of all.  

So if you are interested in the High Court drama, with a mixture of the supernatural element such as witches, vampires and an all knowing cult  Clan then you should definitely grab these up.  
Four hearts.

Connect With Cege Smith:



I’m Cege, and I’m very pleased to meet you.
My absolute favorite genres are horror, paranormal romance, and thrillers for both reading and writing. I have to mention that because I’ll occasionally use bad puns that are directly correlated to that fascination. So if that’s not your cup of tea I understand.
I love to laugh, but I don’t always laugh at the current thing that is all the rage on YouTube. My husband says that means I don’t find the right stuff funny. I disagree. (He’s just not as funny as he thinks he is.) I am okay with that.
When it comes to this writing stuff, I’ve been writing as long as I can remember. In fact, when I’m not writing I’m usually thinking about writing. Which means I’ve always got a lot of different things jockeying for my attention at any given time.
When I’m not kicking it at the day job (I’m in sales), you’ll find me working on one of my new novels, blogging, tweeting, or reading when I’m not giving into my Netflix addiction. (I watch The Vampire Diaries, Supernatural, Ghost Adventures, and the occasional Gossip Girl episode.) I’m constantly learning new things, and believe that’s the key to keeping my content fresh.
I’d love to get to know you better! Please don’t hesitate to drop me a line at cege@cegesmith.com.   Taken from   Cege Smith's  About Me page.
Goodreads | Website | Facebook | Twitter |  Fan Club |

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave me any feedback or well wishes. I love meeting new people and I would love to know how you feel about what I have posted! :)
After much consideration I have decided I want my blog to be award free. My readers are more than enough award for me! Thank ya'll so much!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the Glorious Day kit by Vera Lim Design