Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Book Review: The Goddess Hunt {Goddess Test 1.5} by Aimee Carter

Title: The Goddess Hunt
Series: Goddess Test 1.5
Author: Aimee Carter
Publisher: Harlequin Teen
Date of Publication: March 1, 2012
Source: bought, ebook, 92 pages



Goodreads Summary:
A vacation in Greece sounds like the perfect way for Kate Winters to spend her first sabbatical away from the Underworld...until she gets caught up in an immortal feud going back millennia. Castor and Pollux have been on the run from Zeus and Hades' wrath for centuries, hiding from the gods who hunt them. The last person they trust is Kate, the new Queen of the Underworld. Nevertheless, she is determined to help their cause. But when it comes to dealing with immortals, Kate still has a lot to learn....




 My Thoughts:
I love novellas because they are long enough to tempt you with the characters and story line but short enough that doesn't drag out either.  
The Goddess Hunt takes place between book 1 and book 2, when  Kate has to go out into the world for the summer and chooses to visit Greece with her best friend, James.  
And while there she meets the famous Castor and Pollux.  
I really enjoyed these two new characters.  They brought a lot to the story, especially helping solidify Kate's belief in the goodness of Henry and the rest of the gods.  Okay so maybe not Zeus but definitely everyone else.  
This was a quick read for me; I finished it in one night and I felt extremely satisfied.  I almost wished I had read it before I read book 2 just to have those warm fuzzy feelings.  I may not have wanted to knock Henry in head with a shoe the first time around.  
Although he does act like a butt.  
If you really enjoyed The Goddess Test stories then I definitely encourage you to pick up this novella.  You will enjoy the chase, the wisecracks, and of course Henry.  I know I did.  
Four hearts:


Get Your Own At:



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave me any feedback or well wishes. I love meeting new people and I would love to know how you feel about what I have posted! :)
After much consideration I have decided I want my blog to be award free. My readers are more than enough award for me! Thank ya'll so much!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the Glorious Day kit by Vera Lim Design