Tuesday, October 9, 2012

ARC Book Review: Demons {Book 2- Seers Trilogy} by Heather Frost

Title: Demons
Series: Book 2 in Seers Trilogy
Author: Heather Frost
Publisher: Cedar Fort Books
Date of Publication: Sept. 11, 2012
Format: hardcover, 432 pages
Source: received from publisher via Net Galley for my honest opinion of it.



Kate's life is far from normal. She can see Auras, her boyfriend is immortal, and her powers make her a target. But now that the Demon Lord is hunting her, things are about to go from dangerous to truly deadly. Packed with action, mind-blowing plot twists, and characters you can't get enough of, this is a fast-paced, heart-pounding read from cover to cover.
                                                                            -Goodreads blurb

My Thoughts:

I was excited to receive this book via ebook from the publisher because it sounded very interesting.  I haven't read the first one but I didn't think I needed to because I felt like I could figure it out for the most part.  
The background information wasn't the problem; I got plenty of that in the second installment of the Seers trilogy to understand who everyone was and their job description, so to speak.  
Unfortunately, the book was just plain ole boring for me.  There were parts that would make me raise my eyebrows for a second but I just couldn't get my excitement up for this book the more I read it.  I guess there was enough of a plot in it to make me "turn the pages" until the very end but I really didn't feel any vested interest in the characters.  
I liked how Kate, our seer, was protective of her family, especially her little sisters,  and seemed to want to be there for them always.  But I just felt like she just didn't get it.  She seemed so bland for me.  Her friend, Lee, had a whole lot more personality than Kate ever could.  I guess for me, the supporting characters seemed more alive and endearing,than our main protagonists.  
I really liked the concept of the Guardians being immortal and protecting the humans that had a special sense, if you will, where they could see auras as well as other things.  The Guardians could be a very romantic idea but I didn't feel like Patrick really pulled it off.  I know he was in love with Kate and she with him, but it seemed like they were too much in love.  I know that probably doesn't make any sense; but it just seemed like this HEA didn't have any kind of personality just the love they felt for each other.  It was sweet but didn't help put any kind of fire into the novel.  
With all that being said, Ms. Frost did do a great job of describing the imagery, especially where Patrick's love of art was concerned.  I could really sense the beauty in it all and pictured it perfectly.  
Try as I might,though, Demons just didn't do it for me.  I am giving it 2 hearts because it was just that: okay for me.  I didn't hate all the characters and I enjoyed the idea of the Guardians if not the plot itself.  

You can get a copy at:

Amazon

Barnes and Noble




No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave me any feedback or well wishes. I love meeting new people and I would love to know how you feel about what I have posted! :)
After much consideration I have decided I want my blog to be award free. My readers are more than enough award for me! Thank ya'll so much!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the Glorious Day kit by Vera Lim Design