Monday, April 16, 2012

Coming Up

I have been truly busy this week!  Helping the boys prepare for their CRCT's, finishing up with school, writing myself, and of course reading!
The reading is an escape for me; a time I can relax and just breathe while reading about some great characters.
So far I am working on:

Both of these goodies are by Robert J. Crane.  He has a great fantasy series called Sanctuary that has everything we have come to associate with a compelling fantasy: elves, trolls, wizards, druids, and yes, there is some humans in there.  Savages is a short story of this series and helps you understand a little more about the lovable troll Vaste, and our protagonist, Cyrus.    

The other book by Crane is Alone.  This is his young adult series, The Girl in the Box.  Book one is Alone and it introduces us to our main character, Sienna, who has unique abilities in a world she is not used to.  So far, I am really liking this book.  I can tell you that there are lots of different people in it that are powerful and  more than what they seem.  I can't wait to finish this book so I can get my review up and posted.  
The one thing I do love about Crane's writings; he know how to create a fight scene.  It is so descriptive it feels like you are right there, blocking punches, and throwing your own jabs in.  


Another book I am almost finished with is:



This story is a unique take on mythology. Basically, you have these people that are not human, but are descendants of the different Greek gods.  Our protagonist is a healer and is also rumored to be the prophecy come to life to help stop the evil rule of the ones in charge.  I can't wait till I get my review posted for this one too!  

So these are some great books that I know many of you would love to read!  

Until next time:  I hope you read to your heart's content!











No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave me any feedback or well wishes. I love meeting new people and I would love to know how you feel about what I have posted! :)
After much consideration I have decided I want my blog to be award free. My readers are more than enough award for me! Thank ya'll so much!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the Glorious Day kit by Vera Lim Design