Tuesday, April 17, 2012

ARC: Alone by Robert J. Crane

Alone Book 1 in The Girl in the Box series
Robert J. Crane
Available on : Kindle, Nook

Book Synopsis: 
Sienna Nealon was a 17 year old girl who had been held prisoner in her own house by her mother for twelve years. Then one day her mother vanished, and Sienna woke up to find two strange men in her home.  On the run, unsure of who to turn to and discovering she possesses mysterious powers, Sienna finds herself pursued by a shadowy agency known as the Directorate and hunted by a vicious, bloodthirsty psychopath named Wolfe, each of which is determined to capture her for their own purposes...


The author sent this to me as an ARC and I was super excited to start reading this!
I was so thoroughly impressed by this book I had such a hard time putting it down.  I started it two nights ago, and finished it last night around two in the morning.  I knew I should sleep but my brain would not let me until I had knew Sienna would be okay.  
This is a very compelling, gritty, and dark thriller that kept me on the edge of my seat(or pillow) the entire time.  Sienna, our heroine, is smart (of course she is she is homeschooled after all :) )
and very tough.  I do believe she could give Chuck Norris a run for his money.  
Most young women who wake up to find two strange men in their house, would cry and then run to hide somewhere.  Not Sienna.  She calmly gets up, finds her a weapon, and proceeds to beat the crap out of them.  
She always has a snarky comment to throw to anyone conversing with her.  I would like to say this is her defense mechanism.  It's hard to let someone get close when she was taught all her life not to trust anyone, especially the outside world. 
This novel was very descriptive as far as the brutality that Sienna has to face against the crazy being called Wolfe.  I was so enthralled with the intensity Crane writes the fight scenes, especially when Wolfe is among them.  You could just feel the pain, physical and emotionally, that Sienna is put through.  
Sienna has this hard outer shell around her, and she is tough, but I feel like deep inside she is a scared little girl who isn't sure where she belongs or if she does at all.  She is trying to find herself all the while trying to stay alive and keep her sanity.  
There is so many emotions going on through this story, I literally cried at one point for all the pain this young woman had to go through; yet she is still faced with more.  
There are still a lot of unanswered questions left mainly being where did Sienna's mother vanish to? Why did she disappear?  
I know we will get the answers to these questions in the next book and more of a thrill ride where Sienna kicks ass and smarts off all the time.  
I would recommend this book to anyone 16 and over, because of some of the very descriptive bloody scenes.  It is a great read and you will definitely get your money worth!




If you would like to purchase Alone for Kindle click here
Do you want to know about other books Crane has written? Click here to visit his website.  
If you have a Nook and would like to order Alone you can find it here

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave me any feedback or well wishes. I love meeting new people and I would love to know how you feel about what I have posted! :)
After much consideration I have decided I want my blog to be award free. My readers are more than enough award for me! Thank ya'll so much!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the Glorious Day kit by Vera Lim Design