Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Just finished Lover Reborn! Can we say AWESOME!

So two weeks ago, our very special signed copy of Lover Reborn came in the mail.  As my husband and I unwrapped it like it was Christmas, we found it was wrapped in gold and black tissue paper with a sticker that said "inspected by Vishous".  That was pretty cool, I have to admit.
I tried to wait so my husband could read it first, since it was his anniversary present.  I really tried, but in the end, I devoured the book!

I am a huge fan of Black Dagger Brotherhood; you know the series J.R. Ward created for all of us crazy fans that love vampires that are really tough and really GOOD to their women.  These guys are the true alphas of their world and you can't help but fall in love with them.  Whew, just thinking of these guys gets me a little hot and bothered.  And that makes some really creative writing that can bring such emotions to us.

I found myself laughing at the dialogue, especially when it concerns Lassiter, our fallen angel who loves T.V. .
But I also found myself crying, yes actual tears, falling down my face at the true grief our characters go through.

If you are on the verge of reading J.R. Ward but aren't sure if you would like it, please give it a go.  They are very adult novels, though, with a good amount of erotica so these are definitely for the 18 and up crowd.


Here is my small review at Goodreads too:


Lover Reborn (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #10)Lover Reborn by J.R. Ward
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

When I first came into the Black Dagger Brotherhood fan club, I read Rev's book first.  I was enthralled and slightly in love with these group of men who were dangerous but extremely loyal to their women and each other.  So I put the first few books on my Christmas wish, and boom I was hooked!  The first book, Wrath's book, is my favorite, but this book is a close second.

It is filled with love, loyalty, forgiveness, and understanding.  There is so much that happens in this book and it just left me breathless! If you are just coming in, you might want to get up to speed with the other books, because you might get a little lost reading this book first.  But it is still a really great story.  I actually came away appreciating my husband even more.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave me any feedback or well wishes. I love meeting new people and I would love to know how you feel about what I have posted! :)
After much consideration I have decided I want my blog to be award free. My readers are more than enough award for me! Thank ya'll so much!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the Glorious Day kit by Vera Lim Design