Wednesday, February 5, 2014

A Quick Book Review: For the Love of a Vampire by M. Leighton {Blood Like Poison book # 1}

Title: For the Love of A Vampire
Series: Blood Like Poison
Author: M. Leighton
Publisher: M. Leighton Books
Date Published: April 20, 2011
Source: bought, Kindle, 278 pages


Goodreads Synopsis:
Like most seventeen year olds, Ridley Heller thought she had her future all planned out. What she wanted most in life was to get out of small town Harker. Her only goal was to keep her mouth shut and her grades high so she could win a cheerleading scholarship to Stanford. But that was before she met Bo.

In Ridley’s wildest dreams, she could never have planned for someone like Bo, for a love so intense it left her breathless. No human girl could.
A haunting stranger that watched her from afar, Bo stole Ridley’s heart from the moment she laid eyes on him. But he has secrets. Bo’s a vampire. Both his past and his present are a danger to Ridley, but the biggest threat is not her blood; it’s her heart. He’s feeding a thirst for revenge that will cost him his life, and it may already be too late.

The more darkness Ridley uncovers, the more she realizes that her life will never be the same—with or without Bo. Can she sacrifice her future and her heart for someone who has a death wish?


 My Thoughts:
I first fell in love with M. Leighton when I read Madly.  It was this short little novella, and yet it totally captured me and I just had to have more and more.   Sadly, I still haven't read the rest of those books yet ( but I swear I am going too!!!)  There is just something about this author that really can bring out some intense emotions for me!  
In For the Love of a Vampire, we are thrown right in to this crazy, wild ride that Ridley is on when she meets Bo.   And then we realize how much Ridley has been an actor in her own life.  She is actually a very strong character but she has to find her strength, and sometimes it is in tragedy that we find our inner self.  
So I have to give this book much love for that simple fact.  
I did see a small, tiny, comparison to Twilight.  But I feel like Ridley really wasn't a Bella.  Actually, most young girls all have a little streak of self consciousness; at least I know I did when I was much younger.  So I didn't see Ridley in that way at all.  I thought that she stood up for herself much sooner and learned a lot about herself in the book.  
The plot was an interesting one as well.  It seems vampires have been done over and over again and for some ( not me though) it may get old.  This was a twist on the typical vampire love story.  And that twist definitely brought a tear to my eye.  I didn't find myself balling; but I did have a few moments there where I had a sniffle or two, especially at the end.  
And I have many questions left unanswered which will force me to seek out book 2 for those answers.  
There were parts that I felt lacked substance, though, and I felt myself wanting.  I think there is much more to this story and maybe as it progresses through the series, we will find it.  
I don't think For the Love of a Vampire is as good as Madly, but it does have heart and it will grab you and make you want to read it.  If you are an M. Leighton fan, as I am, then you should at least give it a try.  

Connect with M. Leighton:
Goodreads | Website | Twitter |

Get your own copy at:
Amazon | Barnes & Noble |

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave me any feedback or well wishes. I love meeting new people and I would love to know how you feel about what I have posted! :)
After much consideration I have decided I want my blog to be award free. My readers are more than enough award for me! Thank ya'll so much!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the Glorious Day kit by Vera Lim Design