Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Book Review: Madly by M. Leighton

Title: Madly
Author: M. Leighton
Series: Madly Book 1

Publisher: self
Date of Publication: June 2011
Source: bought, ebook, 57 pages

Fall in Love With A Copy: 

Amazon | Barnes & Noble |

Goodreads Summary:
Madly is your average nearly-eighteen year old girl—for a princess, that is.
Madly James is thoroughly enjoying her internship in the small town of Slumber when the unthinkable happens—there’s a prison break in Atlas, the magically-protected home of Madly’s race. A traitor has set free eight Lore, the spirits of what humans know as fairy tales, and they are making their way to Slumber to awaken their descendants.

In order to save her home, the lives of her family, and all of humanity, Madly must learn to wield her exceptional powers and recapture the Lore before it’s too late and all is lost. But Madly’s only help are her two best friends and the Sentinel, Jackson Hamilton, that threatens both her heart and her destiny. Madly has loved Jackson as long as she can remember, but he is the one thing even a princess can’t have. Can she resist love to become the queen she was fated to be? Or can she find a way to have both?

This novelette introduces you to Madly and prepares you for the quest of a lifetime

My Thoughts:
There are so many things I loved about this novella that I feel like I may be gushing over it for a long time.  
For one is the cover.  That is one terrific cover that I feel like fits perfectly for our description of Madly and her peculiar life.  Plus the colors are my favorites too.  
I think that is what grabbed me right off was the colors.  Then after I read the synopsis I was hooked.  
Madly is pretty drool worthy with the choice of heartthrobs in it.  Trust me you will know who I am talking about the minute you read it.  
Basically, it's a fairy tale, but with a little more "oomph" to it.  Which is great for me because I have always been a sucker for a good fairy tale.  It is YA but it has this spicy little thrill to it that can satisfy even us more adult readers.  
Another reason I really loved the book:  it has mermaids and mermen in it.  I haven't got into to many stories with these type of supernatural creatures because I haven't really seen a lot of books out there with mer people as the main characters.  I know they are out there but these characters are not the hottest ticket right now.  So the creativity of that alone was definitely fun to read.  
The characters are another definite plus for me.  I loved their personalities, their relationships with each other; heck I even loved their names.  "Jersey", "Madly", "Jackson"... and then the town even has a catchy name-"Slumber".
Madly was full of action, intrigue, snarky comments that were very entertaining, and a love triangle that could prove to be interesting for the readers as well as the characters.  
All of that packed into a small novella that will have you drenched in sweat at the hottness of it all.  
Hey even if you're not a huge fan of the mer stories, there is still a lot to love with this series. 
You can tell Leighton went to a lot of hard work creating a diverse and unique plot that involves fairy tale characters, a magical prison in Atlantis, and adventure that pulls you in completely.  
I did get a little of confused on the Lore and the descendants but I am pretty sure it will get cleared up in the upcoming books.  
But overall, I was sucked into the story line of Madly with the promise of mystery, action and an adventure that gives us a inside look into the intense relationships of our main characters.  I can't wait to get started in the next books and I expect big things from this series!

Connect With M. Leighton:
Goodreads |  Twitter |

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave me any feedback or well wishes. I love meeting new people and I would love to know how you feel about what I have posted! :)
After much consideration I have decided I want my blog to be award free. My readers are more than enough award for me! Thank ya'll so much!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the Glorious Day kit by Vera Lim Design