Saturday, February 9, 2013

ARC Review: Omega by Robert J. Crane {The Girl In The Box Book 5}

Title: Omega
Series: The Girl in the Box book 5
Author: Robert J. Crane
Publisher: Reikonos Press
Date of Publication: Feb. 8, 2012
Source: received from author for honest review of it
Get Your Own At: 

Amazon | Barnes & Noble |



Goodreads Description:


Omega - a shadowy organization that is synonomous with power in the metahuman world. They have hunted Sienna Nealon since the day she first left her house, killed countless Directorate agents and operatives, and now they unveil their greatest plot - Operation Stanchion, a phrase whispered to Sienna by an Omega operative almost too scared to speak the words aloud. Now Sienna must track the pieces Omega has in motion, journeying across the upper midwest to confront the forces that have plagued her since she first stepped into the metahuman world before they can land their final stroke - and bring an end to the Directorate forever.


My Thoughts:
I have read this author's works for a while now and it seems to be that he keeps getting better and better, surprising us with what he is capable of next and how far he is willing to go to write that masterpiece.  
Well, I believe Omega came pretty damn close to it.  It is full of emotion (to the point where my heart literally broke and tears flew out of my eyes in all directions ), action, and this deeper darker mankind that scares the hell out of me but still pulls me in because it is that captivating.  
Mr. Crane has a true talent of putting simple words to paper that have the tendency to pull the reader so far into Sienna Nealon's world, it is hard to come back to reality.  And for some of us, it is sad to leave the crazy world of metahumans, the gods of old, and a really kick ass heroine who is one of the bravest and honest people we could ever get to know.  And yes, she is a literary character.  
My warning to all of those who have not gotten into this series yet is to STOP reading here (this is book 5 so it will definitely have some kind of spoiler in it without it meaning to) and go pick up book one so you can join all of us fans that know The Girl In the Box Series is soon to be a classic along with many others, including Mr. Tolkien and Mr. Lewis.

We are thrown right into the action; which I really do love about Crane's writing style.  He can write a fight scene worthy of the big screen or video game time.  It is epic indeed!  One of the first things I came to notice about our protagonist this time is how mature she is.  Sienna has came a long way since book four and she shows it with her leading the junior M Squad, her calm demeanor with the team, and the more interaction with Old Man Winters.  I actually came very close to liking his character, because he seemed to having a fatherly interest in Sienna; but he still has this aloofness about him that makes me question his loyalty to her.  But time will tell and it does indeed.

Reed is still around and I absolutely love Reed!  I have to say he is my favorite male character in this book, besides Kurt.  Yes, I know Kurt can be a douche but I don't know why-but I feel like Kurt is ......Kurt.  Sorry I can't explain anymore than that; it is just this warm feeling I have toward Kurt.  
And of course, Zack has forgiven Sienna for her failings and they are still working on the relationship between the two of them.  I think the no touching rule bothers Sienna much more than it does Zack and it seems to always be a stresser on their fragile relationship.  But the two seem good together so it works out and we get a little more this time for them.  

I really love the way Crane used the old gods, for example Thor and Odin, to describe the different powers that some people had.  And there was a lot of references to Chris Hemsworth, which totally works for me because I seriously loved him as Thor, and it is good to see Sienna's humor still in tact.  So if I were to label this would it be possible to say mythology too for it?  I would like to think so because of what Omega holds in their hands.  But that is the beauty of this series: it crosses many different genres and has something for everyone in it, whether it be urban fantasy, science fiction, a little bit of mythology, and romance.  Of course there is also action, suspense, and it is most definitely a thriller; so yeah, something for everyone.  

Now, I was warned from the author that this could possibly be a tear jerker, and so I will pass along the same warning for you.  There is so many twists, turns, and complete surprises that it will be very difficult to not have one little tear escape.  Then again, you could be like me and whisper to yourself," I will not cry, I will not cry, I will not cry!"  Only to find yourself at the end bawling like a baby because the author, Mr. Crane, decided to put something so heartbreaking in our midst that it was impossible not to let our emotions take over.  
And you know what?  I love the author even that much more for it.  He has a plan for our favorite hero and though the road there will be sad, happy, terrible, and joyous, I have a good feeling he will help us see the series to its end.  Now, we may not get there unscathed; whether it be sleepless nights, eyes red from crying long and hard, or our thoughts always drifting to Sienna and her plights, causing us to spill milk we are pouring into the kids' cups (okay, I guess I can't blame that one on the book), but we will make it there.  And I know that I will be loving every minute of the journey.  

I gave Omega five hearts!  


Connect with Robert J. Crane:


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave me any feedback or well wishes. I love meeting new people and I would love to know how you feel about what I have posted! :)
After much consideration I have decided I want my blog to be award free. My readers are more than enough award for me! Thank ya'll so much!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the Glorious Day kit by Vera Lim Design