Saturday, January 5, 2013

ARC Review: The Goddess Inheritance by Aimee Carter

Title: The Goddess Inheritance
Series: Goddess Test
Author: Aimee Carter
Publisher: Harlequin Teen
Expected Date of Publication: Feb. 26, 2013
Source: received as a e-ARC from NetGalley
Pre-order your copy: Amazon | Barnes & Noble | The Book Depository |






Book Synopsis:Love or life.
Henry or their child.
The end of her family or the end of the world.
Kate must choose.
During nine months of captivity, Kate Winters has survived a jealous goddess, a vengeful Titan and a pregnancy she never asked for. Now the Queen of the Gods wants her unborn child, and Kate can't stop her--until Cronus offers a deal.
In exchange for her loyalty and devotion, the King of the Titans will spare humanity and let Kate keep her child. Yet even if Kate agrees, he'll destroy Henry, her mother and the rest of the council. And if she refuses, Cronus will tear the world apart until every last god and mortal is dead.
With the fate of everyone she loves resting on her shoulders, Kate must do the impossible: find a way to defeat the most powerful being in existence, even if it costs her everything.
Even if it costs her eternity.


My Thoughts:
I was looking forward to reading this that I couldn't stop thinking about it at all.  I would check Net Galley all the time, making sure they haven't released the galleys yet for it.  And when they did I was one of the first to put in to review it.  So when I got that special email telling me Harlequin Teen was nice enough to let me get an e-ARC of it-I was blown away.
And now I feel empty.

The story wasn't terrible; not at all.  There were parts that had tears spring to my eyes and laughter bubble up in others. Some of the scenes were intense and others very romantic but.....................
I still feel empty.

For one, we didn't get to really experience any of Kate's pregnancy at all.  When we open the book she is about to go into labor.  I would have liked to get to know the pregnant Kate, especially to see the torment that she has to go through waiting on Henry or the others to come for her, month after month, only to realize they are not coming.  I think that would have been a breathtaking chapter if it had been written.

Another is the name of the baby.  I hope I don't offend anyone because I swear I am not trying to at all but Milo for a god?  That just had me shaking my head.  I like the name Milo but I just wasn't feeling it for the baby's name.
One huge pet peeve that got on my nerves was the way Kate acted.  She really stood up in book 2, Goddess Interrupted, that I had this hope that she would keep this newfound respect for herself.  But alas, she turned right back into the whiny girl we met in the first books.

But like I said, the story wasn't terrible, it was just lacking.  I felt like there should have been something more but I am having a hard time putting my finger on it.

The conclusion to The Goddess Test Trilogy is much darker than the rest of the books, obviously because there is a war brewing.  But throughout this finally get to see how much Henry truly feels for Kate and his family.
I also loved the interpretation of Rhea, wife of Cronus, and when we meet her.  She is very peaceful compared to her husband and you can quickly see why she would be Mother Earth, so to speak.

I don't really have much to say negatively toward The Goddess Inheritance but I just wished it could have been different.   But all in all, the story was enjoyable and I did stay entertained throughout the story.  I just expected more of something too.
Of course though you should definitely read it to finish the series out and it does tie up loose ends.

I gave it 3 hearts.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave me any feedback or well wishes. I love meeting new people and I would love to know how you feel about what I have posted! :)
After much consideration I have decided I want my blog to be award free. My readers are more than enough award for me! Thank ya'll so much!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the Glorious Day kit by Vera Lim Design