Monday, July 9, 2012

My goals for Once Upon A Readathon challenge




Once Upon a Read-a-Thon


Wow!  I am like super giddy right now with everything I have planned this week!  I am so stoked to be able to take part in this challenge and I can't wait to get started on it!  

Since this is my first "Read a Thon"  I am going to take it a little slow.  

My goal is four books for this week.  

I told my sons about this challenge and they were telling me, " Mom, you could do like 20 books in that time period."  Unfortunately they thought I was talking about the small books that we read each night before bedtime.  But it is nice to have such admiration from them!

So here is my books for my goal:

Update: I just finished The Vampire Academy.

The Vampire Academy by Richelle Mead
(I had bought this series back in February but still haven't got to it yet.  I think I might be the only person who hasn't read this series yet lol )

The Gaia Wars (Gaia Wars # 1) by Kenneth G. Bennett
I have also had this book since January and I have promised to read this out loud to my sons but keep putting it off.  Not anymore!!

Never Cry Werewolf by Heather Davis
I have already started this one but I am only a few chapters in it.  

Valknut: The Binding by Marie Loughin 
This is another one that I have been meaning to start but just haven't got around to it.  I put it up as currently reading but I haven't actually started it...yet. 

So that is it for my goals!  I hope I can accomplish them but I know one thing: I will definitely have fun doing it!  


9 comments:

  1. I hope you get to read the VA I loved that book =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's awesome that this is your first read-a-thon - enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so happy you're participating! I hope you get all your books read!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, Vampire Academy is a great book and a quick read. I got through it in a day because I just couldn't put it down!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good luck good luck! I've been thinking about possibly grabbing up Vampire Academy myself.

    Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really loved Vampire Academy, great choice for a read-a-thon as it goes by really fast. Good luck and happy reading! :]

    ReplyDelete
  7. Don't worry, you're totally not the only person that hasn't read Vampire Academy!! I haven't read it either. That actually looks like a fabulous choice for this readathon- I may pick that one up!

    Good luck with your first readathon! It's always so much fun and you end up reading so much more than you planned. I'm sure that you'll easily read 4 books! <3

    -Aneeqah @ My Not So Real Life

    ReplyDelete
  8. Don't worry, one of my best friends hasn't started the VA series either, and I've been telling her she should since 2010 lol. Good luck with your goals!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you everyone! I am really excited about my first ever Once Upon Read-A-Thon!
    It is a lot of fun and I just finished Vampire Academy. It was great!

    So now I am off to work on my second book and check out all of ya'll's goals! Thank you so much for your support!

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to leave me any feedback or well wishes. I love meeting new people and I would love to know how you feel about what I have posted! :)
After much consideration I have decided I want my blog to be award free. My readers are more than enough award for me! Thank ya'll so much!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the Glorious Day kit by Vera Lim Design