Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Review: Heiress of Lies by Cege Smith (Bloodtruth Series)

Heiress of Lies(Bloodtruth)
Cege Smith
Published: Feb. 2012
Formats: Kindle




Goodreads Summary:


With the King of Altera on his deathbed, all eyes are on his only child. Princess Angeline Robart has spent the last three years finishing her studies in a remote convent far away from the capital city of Brebackerin. On her way to her father's side in preparation for her Ascension, Angeline is kidnapped by Connor, a mysterious vampire who has his own motivations for becoming involved in the high stakes game of intrigue.

As the last of the Robart bloodline, Angeline soon realizes that enemies long thought conquered have been doing nothing but lying in wait for just such an opportunity to turn things to their advantage, and horrifying myths are actually realities.

Facing the impossible consequences of a freak accident, Angeline must travel a dangerous path to regain control of her fate, even if that means relying on Connor, a man who epitomizes everything her family hated and tried to destroy. As Angeline struggles to find an escape, the future of Altera hangs in the balance.



My Ramblings:


Awesome!! I love books that are set in an medieval time period, which this one is, but I also love books that have any kind of supernatural element in it, and it does.  
I think our male lead, Connor, is a wonderful character.  He is brooding, funny, and devilishly handsome.  For some reason, he makes me think of Johnny Depp.  
The common formula is: boy meets girl, boy falls in love with girl, and boy lives happily ever after with girl. However, this book has a completely different look on the love formula: vampire kidnaps princess, princess almost dies by spider bite, vampire tries to save princess but ends up turning her into a wraith and princess finds out about the conspiracy of her kingdom.  
This is a nonstop read and it keeps you so entertained by everything that you discover about the the different kingdoms and the lies that are finally revealed to the princess.  
This story has it all: ghosts, vampires, magic, love, betrayal; basically all the elements to make for a really exciting read.  I finished this book in a day and I cannot wait for the next in the series!  This story is definitely a cliff hanger and you will be crazy with anticipation for the next book.  
I have to give this five hearts!








*received from Book Rooster in exchange for a review of it.








No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave me any feedback or well wishes. I love meeting new people and I would love to know how you feel about what I have posted! :)
After much consideration I have decided I want my blog to be award free. My readers are more than enough award for me! Thank ya'll so much!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the Glorious Day kit by Vera Lim Design