Sunday, May 13, 2012

Review: Celtic Storms by Delaney Rhodes

Celtic Storms book 1 in Celtic Steel
Author: Delaney Rhodes
Published: Feb. 2012
Formats: Kindle, paperback




*Received from bookplex


















Book Blurb:


Darina O'Malley watched the sun set in the bay from the great tower in O'Malley castle - saying a silent prayer for her cousin Kyra and hoping the message that was delivered to the MacCahan's did not spell sudden doom for her and her people. If what her Uncle Ruarc had told her was true, she was to be married to a stranger in less than five days and her world would turn upside down.

The realization that her clan held secrets which could destroy them forever chilled her blood. Who was this son of a Laird she was betrothed to and how would he react when he learned the truth?





My Feelings:

Celtic Storms surprised me so much!  When I first picked this up, I thought it was just going to be a historical romance, which I was fine with because I really enjoy that genre too.  But I was super happy when I realized this story has a magical aspect to it.   
Darina O'Malley is a strong female character that everyone looks up to but can be a little stubborn too.  She has strong magical roots but doesn't want to believe in it because of everything she has gone through in her life.  
Patrick MacCahan is a honorable male lead and I fell in love with him the moment he came into the story.  Unlike most heartthrobs in some stories, Patrick has a few things that could be seen as a weakness, but to me just adds more to his character and makes him even more charming.  
I love that Mrs. Rhodes wrote him like this, instead of making him like every other character in other romance novels.  He has such personality and has a little magic mixed in with all that manly goodness!
Besides, these two leads, we have plenty of other characters that will make us laugh, cry, and just want to scream sometimes!  I especially like Kyra, Darina's cousin, and I hope to see more in her future too.
I would definitely recommend this book to anyone and I am patiently waiting until I can get my hands on the next book.  This story does leave off abruptly, but I think that just makes you crave the next book even more! 
I have to give this book 5 hearts because I am absolutely in love with this series!




Want to pick up a copy for yourself? 











No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave me any feedback or well wishes. I love meeting new people and I would love to know how you feel about what I have posted! :)
After much consideration I have decided I want my blog to be award free. My readers are more than enough award for me! Thank ya'll so much!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the Glorious Day kit by Vera Lim Design