Friday, June 10, 2016

Book Review: A Court of Mist and Fury by Sarah J. Maas A.K.A the book that stole my heart away!

A Court of Mist and Fury
Sarah J. Maas
Bloomsbury/ May 2016
Book 2 in A Court of Thorn and Roses

Synopsis:
Feyre survived Amarantha's clutches to return to the Spring Court—but at a steep cost. Though she now has the powers of the High Fae, her heart remains human, and it can't forget the terrible deeds she performed to save Tamlin's people.
Nor has Feyre forgotten her bargain with Rhysand, High Lord of the feared Night Court. As Feyre navigates its dark web of politics, passion, and dazzling power, a greater evil looms—and she might be key to stopping it. But only if she can harness her harrowing gifts, heal her fractured soul, and decide how she wishes to shape her future—and the future of a world cleaved in two.
With more than a million copies sold of her beloved Throne of Glass series, Sarah J. Maas's masterful storytelling brings this second book in her seductive and action-packed series to new heights.

My Thoughts:

I have found the book that if I never read another book as long as I live, I can die happy knowing I found this treasure.  Of course, I would very much like to read the next book; but I am beyond fulfilled having this novel in my possession.   
A Court of Mist and Fury brings together all these chaotic and beautifully surreal characters crashing towards us creating  this friction that forms these majestic scenes in our heads, our hearts, and our souls.  I am forever changed by this novel and I wouldn't have it any other way.  I finished reading it today and I can't find myself in the bed even now.  I don't want this "glow" to end just yet.  But I honestly don't think I will ever lose any of the happiness Maas has given me.  

There are so many emotions rolling around in this story.  And I relate to Feyre more than I thought I could with a fictional character.  After the turmoil she went through Under the Mountain, Feyre finds herself in mental agony all the time.  She is severely depressed, and suffers from panic and anxiety that is enough to break  the world apart.  
I understand the panic and anxiety all too well.  I have watched myself go from a fun loving adventurous person to someone who is scared to death to go out in society in case I can't protect the ones I love most.  
To see someone so strong, so amazing experience some of these same terrors was heartbreaking for me. But it was also a light in the darkness.  I may be able to get through my panic just by keeping Feyre in my mind.   I wept so long and knew right then that this book was my soulmate.  

There was even a time while reading, that I thought to myself:
"I may not survive this book.  My heart is so ensconced with these characters, I will be completely changed forever."
And I was utterly right.  I am wholly changed.

I loved A Court of Thorns and Roses but that love is infinitesimal compared to the adoration I have for this second book in the series.  

There isn't much I can say that isn't absolute love for ACoMaF; I had no issues at all with the characters, the plot, or the world building.  
There were certain characters that I wanted to wrench their necks.  You don't fall in love with a free spirit and then try to cage it.  Never does that turn out well. 
And then there were other characters that I couldn't steer my thoughts away.  
The descriptions used to show us the Night court was enchanting.  The city there, Velaris, had me picturing Savannah, Ga.  I don't know why; I just did.  Perhaps, Savannah is my home in my heart, no matter where I am. 
I don't really want to give anything away in case you haven't read the first book yet.  Honestly, I had to get my reactions down before I exploded from the emotions that were taking over.  Rage, despair, and utter devotion.  But more importantly, hope.  So much hope...for Lucien, Feyre's sisters, the Night Court, and yes, even Tamlin.  

Please if you have ever loved stories about Fae, about magic, and love - then give this series a try.  Do you instead yearn for a strong female character who grows and learns what she needs and loves?  Do you need to see characters fight for what they know is right; although they most definitely will stumble along the way?  Then you need to read this series too.  It is more than just a paranormal romance.  It's more than just a book about magic and the different Fae courts.  This novel is soul wrenchingly complicated at times; simply perfect at others.  
Maybe as I start to process everything better I can come up with a better review.  I don't know.  But I do know that I am eternally grateful to Ms. Sarah J. Maas for creating this masterpiece and sharing it with the world.   I feel like she has given me a piece of my heart back that I didn't even realize was missing. 



Available at:

Connect with Sarah J. Maas:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave me any feedback or well wishes. I love meeting new people and I would love to know how you feel about what I have posted! :)
After much consideration I have decided I want my blog to be award free. My readers are more than enough award for me! Thank ya'll so much!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the Glorious Day kit by Vera Lim Design