Thursday, April 2, 2015

Daddy & Daughter Review: Corrupted by Robert J. Crane {Book 3}

Title: Corrupted
Series: Southern Watch
Author: Robert J. Crane
Publisher: Midian Press
Date of Publication: Nov 6 2014
Source: received from author for our honest opinion of it
Ages:  MATURE 18+



Goodreads Synopsis:
WARNING: Due to graphic language and disturbing content, this book is intended for MATURE READERS ONLY.

Midian, Tennessee is the site of a gradually deepening apocalypse. Demons haunt the town, causing unexplainable deaths that leave local law enforcement mystified. Demon hunter Lafayette Hendricks and Sheriff's Deputy Archibald "Arch" Stan are on the case, however, and with the aid of their significant others and a pair of demonic Officers of Occultic Concordance, they'll chase down every lead they have to find the killer...until they uncover something utterly unexpected. For something dark and twisted has come to Midian with one evil intention: the desire to corrupt innocence utterly and completely...

...something that will burn the very world around them to ash.


 Daddy's Review

I am telling you that this series just keeps getting more and more exciting!  At first, I was a little skeptical about reading these books but my daughter really wanted to challenge me to get out of my "westerns only" reading and try something new.
Well, now I can honestly say I am glad I did.  This writer, Mr. Crane, is darn talented.  It is just sad you can't find him in every bookstore but only online.  I would like to see him everywhere because he definitely deserves it.
I have to say, so far, Corrupted has been my favorite book.  It has a lot of surprises in it, good and bad, and the bad guy this time is pretty sick!  
I swear every time I read these books, it is like there is a movie playing out in my mind.  It is really easy to picture the scenes throughout the book.  
I really enjoy that Arch's wife has a more major part in this book. There are also some pretty funny parts too.  I really like how the whole story seems to be progressing; but I still think the Sheriff should have a more vital part with the gang.
But all in all, Corrupted was so good with super realistic fight scenes that the bad language really took a backseat for me!
I have give this one five stars!


My Review (Daughter's Review)

What I love the most about Robert J Crane's writing is his originality.  Trust me, some of the bad guys in this book you will probably never find them in any other demon genre.  You know you are going to get something totally unexpected and more than likely, it will be hilarious.
I just love how Mr. Crane was able to take something so innocent and healthy and then turn it into some mass killing machine.  Kudos to you, Crane.
We see some of our favorite characters in this as well as meet a few new ones.  I personally, love the warlock even though I know he is a bad guy.  He is just a likable bad guy.
And of course I am loving that Arch's wife is in the action, so to speak.  There is so much more to her and I love that she is being incorporated into the story a little more each time.   I really think that Allison Stan is one of the strongest characters in the book, the quiet brooding strong.
I still enjoy the demon officers, Lerner and Duncan, and think it really opens up the whole gray area that Crane is so good with writing.  Yes, they are demons but are they inherently evil?

There is some major plot twists throughout Corrupted that will have you gasping in surprise and laughing out loud too.
There is one specific scene that really had me thinking of the Ghostbusters movie.   Think of the whole "keymaster, gatekeeper" idea and you will understand.  I loved that scene so much!  Even though it was pretty creepy; it was still pretty awesome!

Overall, Corrupted was a really fun and really intense read.  There was this major darkness (even more so than normal) saturating the whole story line that kept the story from being too crazy and silly; but instead made you deal with some very shocking and intense themes that people today sometimes face.  I feel like each book is leading up to this whopper of a story thread that is going to bring the reader down to our knees.  Each of these books gets harder as there is more things for these people to lose.



Get your own copy at:

Amazon  | Barnes & Noble |

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave me any feedback or well wishes. I love meeting new people and I would love to know how you feel about what I have posted! :)
After much consideration I have decided I want my blog to be award free. My readers are more than enough award for me! Thank ya'll so much!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the Glorious Day kit by Vera Lim Design