Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Stacking the Shelves (3) & Teaser Tuesdays(3)

Hi everyone!  I hope everyone is safe and sound with all this crazy weather that has been happening around the states (if not the world?).  Here in GA we have had severe thunderstorms, tornado watches, and really really humid hot weather.  As always, my heart and prayers are with those who were effected by the terrible tornadoes.  

I decided to combine two memes today and I hope I don't get into too much trouble doing it.  Stacking the Shelves is a weekly meme hosted by Tynga@ Tynga's Reviews to showcase what we all have received book wise in the past week.  (Or past month for some of us)  If you would like to join in on the fun then please jump on over to Tynga's Reviews so you can get all the info there.


For Review:

Gameboard of the GODS by Richelle Mead
I just found out today I was approved to read this from Net Galley!!!  I think I screamed so loud I woke the four year old from his nap.  Sorry.  Thank you so much NetGalley and Penguin for this.

Broken by Robert J. Crane: I have been following this author for a long time.  He is one of my all time favorite sci-fi and fantasy writer.  I can't wait to get my review up for this one.  


Loki's Wolves by K.L. Armstrong, M.A. Marr:  Huge thanks to Hachette Audio for sending this audiobook for me and the boys to review.  It is definitely an interesting twist to the Nordic myths.


Bought:




The False Prince by Jennifer A. Nielsen
This was on sale and I picked up the ebook version of it.  I am really loving it right now too.  
The Song of Achilles  by Madeline Miller
This was also one of those ebook steals.  I think it was like 99 cents or something like that.  I can't wait to get into it.  I love books!!!



Deep Blue Secret by Christie Anderson
This is another one that I just loved the cover  and had to grab it.  Plus it was free too so had to.
Moonlit by Jadie Jones
I had to grab this one because the author is a GA girl.  Being that I am also a GA girl, I try to support fellow GA girls as much as I can.  It was also free on Kindle too.  But I am still supporting them right?  

Pandemonium by Lauren Oliver
So I grabbed this at a really great deal on Kindle and it said it was the Enhanced Edition too.  But then I figured out this is book 2 (no I haven't started this series yet) so I now have to get book 1 before I can begin this one. 


Won/Gifted

Generation V  by M.L. Brennan
I won this paperback from Candace@ Candace's Book Blog. Thanks Candace!




I love Teaser Tuesdays!  These are super fun to do and I am so glad MizB at Should Be Reading created this meme and shared it with everyone in the Bloggy world.  Here are the rules to join in for Teaser Tuesdays and make sure you link back to Miz B@ Should Be Reading!!  

• Grab your current read
• Open to a random page
• Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
• BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
• Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!


Teaser # 1:
Title: The False Prince
Author: Jennifer A. Nielsen


"Somebody gave her that bruise.  We both know it wasn't an accident."  "She's a servant girl, beneath your station now.  Let those in her circles look after her interests.""Those in her circles probably caused it."page 115 @ 34%






Teaser # 2:
Title: Dark Triumph
Author: Robin LaFevers


The entire thigh is red and swollen and hot to the touch.  Foul stuff oozes from the wound itself, and streaks of red have begun to work their way up and down the leg.  I glance up to find a faint grin on his  face and, not for the first time, wonder if all he has endured has caused him to lose his wits.  page 117






I would love to hear all about what you got and any teasers you have to share as well.  Have a great reading week!!   

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave me any feedback or well wishes. I love meeting new people and I would love to know how you feel about what I have posted! :)
After much consideration I have decided I want my blog to be award free. My readers are more than enough award for me! Thank ya'll so much!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the Glorious Day kit by Vera Lim Design