Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Quick Book Review: Through the Ever Night by Veronica Rossi {Book 2}

Title: Through the Ever Night
Series: Under the Never Sky book 2
Author: Veronica Rossi
Publisher: HarperCollins
Date of Publication: Jan. 8, 2013
Source: gift for Valentine's Day, hardcover, 341 pages

Get Yours at: Amazon | Barnes & Noble |



Goodreads Summary:
It's been months since Aria last saw Perry. Months since Perry was named Blood Lord of the Tides, and Aria was charged with an impossible mission. Now, finally, they are about to be reunited. But their reunion is far from perfect. The Tides don't take kindly to Aria, a former Dweller. And with the worsening Aether storms threatening the tribe's precarious existence, Aria begins to fear that leaving Perry behind might be the only way to save them both.
Threatened by false friends, hidden enemies, and powerful temptations, Aria and Perry wonder, Can their love survive through the ever night?
In this second book in her spellbinding Under the Never Sky trilogy, Veronica Rossi combines fantasy and dystopian elements to create a captivating love story as perilous as it is unforgettable.

My Thoughts:
I love when a series keeps getting better and better, holding you in with the emotion, angst, and adventure that first one had, but gives you even more this time around.
Through the Ever Night has did just that!   I love that you can truly see the change the characters have went through; they refuse to become static and still same as always.  Aria has changed the most and most definitely in a good way.  She has become stronger, more intelligent, and even more in love with Perry.  She seems more sure of herself and Perry, although, she knows she will never be accepted in his clan.
Perry has become stronger as well; learning to become a leader the people need but may not want.  We meet new characters in this story that cause me many headaches because I dislike them so much and we meet other characters that I have smiled at the likability of their personalities.
The plot just keeps getting trickier and trickier but trust me this is a good thing!  We see what the leader of the Dwellers is truly capable of and yet it still surprises me at the evilness he contains in himself.  His son is another matter.  I don't particularly like him but I understand him a little more.
Many alliances will be questioned in this book but many will come shining through.  There is a huge twist that shocked the you know what out of me but didn't take away from the story at all.
I still love the relationship that grows between Aria and Perry.  In the beginning they hated each other and now they are in complete understanding of each other.  The love they share is mutual and strong, though they do seem to question it for the wrong reasons. Everyone else seems to be pulling them apart when I just want to scream at them to trust each other instead.
Ms. Rossi definitely did not disappoint us with all the action filled scenes she created in Through the Ever Night.  I love how she took a Young Adult romance story and made it into so much more.  It isn't just romance, it is action, fantasy, and dystopian.  It even has tidbits of comedy in it which makes it even more great for me.
This is a exciting adventure that you go on through the eyes of Aria and Perry, trying to save the people they love from the the ever crumbling world they are trying to escape from, all the while trying to find a way to be with the one person that fullfills their love and longing.
Each other.

I give this wonderful book five hearts!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave me any feedback or well wishes. I love meeting new people and I would love to know how you feel about what I have posted! :)
After much consideration I have decided I want my blog to be award free. My readers are more than enough award for me! Thank ya'll so much!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the Glorious Day kit by Vera Lim Design