Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Book Review: Kindred by J.A. Redmerski (Darkwoods Trilogy)

Title: Kindred
Series: The Darkwoods Trilogy #2
Author: J.A. Redmerski
Publisher: CreateSpace
Date of Publication: July 20, 2012

Source: bought, ebook, 358 pages

Get your own: Amazon | Barnes & Noble


Isaac Mayfair is hiding a dark secret. And just when Adria Dawson thinks the worst of her life among the werewolf world is over, she learns the secret that can rip her and Isaac’s love apart. Adria must come to terms with what the truth means for her. What it means for her life and how much time she has left to live it. She must choose between two different fates, neither of which can offer life as a certainty.
As if Isaac’s betrayal isn’t enough, Adria learns that there are things out there older and more powerful than werewolves could ever be. An archaic entity known only to few as the Praverian, unlike anything Adria has ever known or heard of.
As Adria struggles with her own fateful dilemmas, she must also try to find out why the Praverian is so interested in her and do everything in her power to stay out of its way.
Due to MATURE YA content, this book is recommended for 17+
-from Goodreads description 

My Thoughts:
Did you ever think you could pick up a book, read its words, these words that are so powerful, you can actually feel your heart breaking alongside the protagonists' and find it physically hard to breathe?  

Well...I experienced this emotion firsthand with this book.  

J.A. Redmerski is a powerful author with this amazing talent to see the flaws in human nature (or even the supernatural) and still find the beauty within.  
First, with the characters.  Adria, our female protagonist, is someone I can relate to on many levels.  I know what it is like to hold on to that betrayal, the loss, and pain that you receive from a family member that you trusted with all your heart.  Adria is very strong, considering what she has been through, and I find myself wondering if I could have been as strong as she was in some of her situations she had to face....
Ah, and then I find myself thinking about Issac Mayfair.  What to say about him?  Is he handsome, well of course, he is a werewolf, is he not?  But with him it is more than just the beauty.  He is a force to be reckoned with, indeed.  He is so hard and yet where Adria is concerned, there is this fragility to him that makes you weep.  
You put these two together and we find ourselves looking at something that is more than what it seems but also one of the most beloved couples I have read about too.  

All of the characters in Kindred contribute to the story in different ways; some good and some definitely bad, but the Praverian are the most unique and intriguing in all.  I don't want to give anything away (and trust me you will be shaking your head and gasping at a lot of it) but these certain beings are truly mind-blowing.  
Even though this is an urban fantasy with creatures that don't exist, the  underlying hope is so strong; even as I sit writing this review days after finishing Kindred, I still feel my tears trying to take over.  
I think J. A. Redmerski wanted us to remember that even when everything seems lost, when everything seems worthless, always have hope.  Just that small tiny breath of hope will show you the light at the end of the very dark and scary journey.  
I absolutely loved Kindred with all my heart and soul!  I proudly give it five hearts!

Connect with J.A. Redmerski:




2 comments:

  1. I really want to give this series a try! It sounds amazing :) Great review!!
    -Kimberly @ Turning the Pages

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You definitely should but it is a little dark and definitely more New Adult than Young Adult in my opinion.

      Delete

Please feel free to leave me any feedback or well wishes. I love meeting new people and I would love to know how you feel about what I have posted! :)
After much consideration I have decided I want my blog to be award free. My readers are more than enough award for me! Thank ya'll so much!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the Glorious Day kit by Vera Lim Design