Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Review: Out of the Dark by Quinn Loftis

                                        Title: Out of the Dark (Bk 4-The Grey Wolves)
         Format: ebook, 253 pages
            Source: bought from Amazon

Goodreads Summary:
Darkness has descended on the Transylvanian Alps.
Four packs of the powerful Grey wolves – in a rare show of cooperation – had joined together here in an effort to help their pack members find true mates. Then they were betrayed by one of their own – an Alpha hell-bent on becoming the most powerful of the Canis lupis. And though the wolf's assassination attempt on the currently-reigning Romanian Alpha failed, his plans to get Decebel, the Romanian Beta, out of the picture were coming together even as his treachery was discovered. The wolf fled, leaving destruction, death, and a missing mate behind him.

Unbeknownst to the other packs, the wolf has employed a witch to finish the deadly job and help him gain another tool to increase his power. A curse of devastating proportions will cripple Decebel in a way that may dissolve his fragile bond with Jennifer. Meanwhile, injured and alone, Jen has been fighting for her life. She had come to terms with her fate, accepting that she would not share a life with Decebel, until help came in the most unexpected form...

Vasile will have to use all his resources – including Sally, the new gypsy healer of the Romanian pack – to discover a way in which to destroy the witch, lift the curse from Decebel and reunite him with the one woman who makes him whole, and solve a mystery that's been surrounding the Romanian pack for 300 years.

My Feelings:

I have been a huge fan of this series ever since I read Prince of Wolves, the first book in the Grey Wolves series, and the author Quinn Loftis is an amazing person too.  
This lady really knows how to write dialogue!  Reading the chit chat between the three girls and their interactions among the other werewolves is so funny.  I know I had to put the book down because I was laughing so much.  I love when there is humor in a book and it isn't just dark, depressing, and completely sad.  
These girls, Jacque, Jen and Sally, are so kick ass! Not to mention, they are some pretty smart southern girls too! I have to support fellow southern gals now ya'll!  
And of course, our wolves are absolutely swoon worthy!  Dec is rugged, handsome, but he also has that soft side that Jen only seems to bring out.  
You have so much going on in this story; there is never a dull moment!  And definitely heart shattering moments so make sure you have your tissues ready!  
In this book, we get introduced into more supernatural beings, good and evil, and we also meet some new pack members too.  
I will say this book is much darker than the first 3 and I didn't like the evil witch using simple animals to do her bidding.  Not fair!
I have to say this series is probably one of my favorite YA romances of all time!  It has all the elements I like having in a book: comedy, romance, mystery, and some yummy werewolves. There were a few spelling errors but nothing that took away from the story at all.  

Loftis doesn't hold back in this book and all hell does break loose too!  I would definitely recommend this book to anyone who loves YA reads and paranormal too.  


Have to give this story 5 hearts!

 Also don't forget to check out my interview with Quinn Loftis tomorrow and we will be having a giveaway!!  



4 comments:

  1. Than you so much for doing the review and the interview and give away!!! Looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem! I love your books, your writing style, and I feel like this is the best YA series I have read! Not to mention werewolves are sorta my thing!

      Delete
  2. Ok, I have really got to read this seris!! I've had book 1 since it was free on Amazon and it looks so good. Time to make time! Great review! I can't wait for the interview.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Girl, I am telling you I love this series! You know how much I love a good laugh too and these books have it all: romance, sexy werewolves, comedy, very cool southern girls, and sexy werewolves(oh wait I already said that, didn't I)and a story line that is fantastic! I love this series ten times more than Twilight.

      Delete

Please feel free to leave me any feedback or well wishes. I love meeting new people and I would love to know how you feel about what I have posted! :)
After much consideration I have decided I want my blog to be award free. My readers are more than enough award for me! Thank ya'll so much!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the Glorious Day kit by Vera Lim Design